Starter homes are great for a small family, newlyweds or a couple without children. As your family begins to grow, you may feel that the smaller "starter" home you bought may not be the best fit for your family.
Here are five signs that you may have outgrown your home and it may be time to upgrade.
1. Your family has grown. As your children get older or you have more children, you may find that spaces are beginning to get cramped. Toys fill the bedrooms, living room and have began to take over the kitchen and other common areas.
2. You've gotten older. You don't necessarily need a larger home, you may just need a home that meets your needs better. As your children get older and move on, you may find your home is no longer suiting your needs.
3. You have too many things for the space available. As your family grows, you will begin to accumulate more furniture. If you have too many large furniture pieces in a small house, you may begin to feel cramped. It may be beneficial for you look into a larger home with more storage spaces available.
4. You get new pets. That cute little puppy that you picked up for your son's birthday might have been cute and cuddly but as the dog grows, he will require more room, both inside and out. You may want to look at a home with a larger back yard, that you may not have taken into account when you originally bought your house.
5. Entertaining. As your family has grown, you may notice that you are hosting more parties at your home. From birthdays to holidays, you may find that your smaller living quarters don't give the needed space for the attendees.
Now that you've realized that you have outgrown your home, what is your next step? Since every family has different needs, you may want to consider downsizing your furniture and belongings or you may want to speak with a realtor about selling your home and buying more that is closer to your families needs. You can start by searching for a new home and if you are in the Albuquerque area, give Alfonso Salazar a call at 505-450-3779.